- Wednesday, June 16th, is all about the kids and youth with special presentations around self-empowerment, mapping out their futures, and a virtual pre-college/college fair.
- Thursday, June 17th, is all about young adults with presentations on Voting, Social Justice and the Black Voice and an open mic night for poets and performers.
- Friday, June 18th, is all about the family. There will be a special Juneteenth Community Presentation, a Community Prayer, and finally Our Family Dinner a virtual cooking demonstration that includes delivered meal kits from Pasture and Plenty and Artemis Foods.
- The celebration will close out on June 19th with an amazing parade and a party in Penn Park.
Find all Madison celebration details via Kujichagulia Center for Self-Determination.
A highlight for us on Friday, 6/18 are two events with some of our colleagues:
- Part I: How Black Americans are Leading Precision Medicine
- Featuring Karriem Watson and Veronica Robinson
- Part II: Autoimmune Disease in Black and Brown Populations
- Featuring Christie M. Bartels, Christine Sharkey and Joshua Wright
We are immensely thankful for all that longtime Juneteenth organizer Ms. Annie Weatherby-Flowers does for the Madison community and Kujichagulia!