CCHE creates lasting partnerships with neighbors in Madison to advance health equity. Our community-academic partnerships have resulted in collaborative teaching and student service learning opportunities, research to address specific community health and wellness priorities, and programs to advance the careers of health equity scholars and the health and health outcomes of members of underresourced communities.
In CCHE, community-engaged projects…
- are initiated in partnership with a community;
- ensure the community has a voice in the design of the project, its implementation in the community, and the dissemination of the project results;
- value and engage the knowledge, experiences, strengths and resources within a community;
- rely upon partnerships that balance power, responsibilities, and share resources among all partners;
- prioritize that all partners gain valuable and transferable benefits (e.g. knowledge, new skill sets, resources/technologies that can be used in the community, economic development/jobs, etc.)
- are designed to take action and improve health and wellness in your community
CCHE Video Resources
CCHE collaborates with on and off-campus partners to host and co-sponsor health equity related programming that highlights local, health equity focused partnerships and these video captures can be a great resource for teaching or research training. Some of the presenters you will see are alumni of our Health Equity Leadership Institute (HELI), awardees of Wisconsin Partnership Program (WPP) funding, nationally recognized speakers, and more.
We’re always happy to collaborate with organizations to co-produce quality content that shines a light on the great work underway in our communities. Check out the video library.