DETERMINING WHICH DATA MANAGEMENT TOOL TO USE
- ICTR OnCore is required for therapeutic intervention studies and studies that use UW Health clinical services, but optional for researchers to use for any type of clinical research study, except those managed by the UW Carbone Cancer Center as they manage a separate instance of OnCore
- The use of the ICTR OnCore system is available at no cost to research teams.
- ICTR REDCap is not required for any type of clinical research study, but is recommended in lieu of a typical spreadsheet, database software or data management application to manage your research study data due to the additional levels of security, audit trails, reporting and exporting functionality it offers.
- ICTR REDCap may also be used for studies under the purview of the ICTR Data Monitoring Committee.
- With ICTR REDCap, members of your study team with data management skills can build and revise the electronic data collection tools (e.g. forms, surveys, etc.).
- ICTR REDCap is available at a minimal cost of $200 per REDCap research project per year. The REDCap fees will be charged when the project initially goes into production, and annually thereafter.