- This event has passed.
Applicant Town Hall – PCORI Funding Announcement (Online)
September 8, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Notice of Upcoming PCORI Funding Announcement: Addressing Methodological Gaps (including AI and machine learning)
In this PCORI Funding Announcement (PFA), PCORI aims to fund studies that address high-priority methodological gaps in patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR) and comparative clinical effectiveness research (CER). This PCORI Funding Announcement will open on Tuesday, September 1, 2020.
- Register for the Applicant Town Hall: Tuesday, September 8, 12:00-1:00 (EasternTime)
- Letters of Intent are due Tuesday, September 29, 2020, by 5:00 p.m. ET.
- Full applications will be due Tuesday, January 12, 2021, by 5:00 p.m. ET
For the Cycle 3 2020 Methods PFA, PCORI has identified the following Research Areas of Interest (RAIs) as programmatic priorities:
- Methods Related to Ethical and Human Subjects Protections Issues in PCOR/CER
- Methods to Improve Study Design
- Methods to Support Data Research Networks
- Methods to Improve the Use of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (NEW)
The RAI for artificial intelligence and machine learning replaces the RAI for “Methods to Improve the Use of Natural Language Processing (NLP.” This change signals PCORI’s broader interest in funding methodological research that seeks to improve how massive amounts of data from a variety of sources can be: (1) appropriately analyzed and integrated into clinical care and health care delivery systems, and (2) facilitate population health models and social determinants of health analyses. Proposals should address mechanisms seeking to improve equitable, inclusive data collection and aggregation. Proposals in NLP-related proposals will still be included as part of this RAI.
See link to the PCORI announcement here: https://www.pcori.org/funding-opportunities/announcement/improving-methods-cycle-3-2020