Leading Breakthrough Science Teams
January 22 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Leading Breakthrough Science Teams: A Team Science Workshop for University of Wisconsin Postdocs
As more research is being done in teams, scientists need tools and techniques for collaborating with researchers across disciplines, labs, and institutions. This 3-hour virtual workshop will focus on preparing you to both participate in and lead interdisciplinary research teams.
- Discuss the opportunities and challenges of participating in interdisciplinary research and team science throughout the research career trajectory.
- Present practical strategies for being an effective team member: how to be a good collaborator and how to evaluate offers of collaboration to ensure the proposed projects fit with your career goals.
- Explore how to lead an effective science team: developing a mission and vision for your own lab, identifying and onboarding collaborators, developing an authorship plan, and building accountability into collaborative projects.
The workshop will be a mix of short didactic and interactive sections, with the goal of increasing your knowledge of and comfort with engaging in interdisciplinary research and team science.
The workshop is limited to 25 participants. After your registration request has been received, we will email you a confirmation along with payment details. Please note that your registration is not confirmed until you have paid the registration fee. If we have reached capacity for the workshop, you will be notified that you have been placed on a waitlist.
- Register here by Monday, January 18, 2021: https://uwmadison.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_7al9ugDoGSp1F8p
- Registration fee: $25 to be paid by personal check or departmental transfer
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
- Betsy Rolland, PhD, MLIS, MPH
Director of Team Science + Research Development
Carbone Cancer Center and Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
- LaKaija J. Johnson, MPH, MPS
Assistant Director of Team Science
Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (ICTR)
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Workshop created and organized by UW ICTR with significant assistance from the UW Office of Postdoctoral Studies