Recruitment of study participants is one of the most challenging aspects of clinical research. Nearly 80% of clinical studies are delayed due to poor enrollment, increasing research expenses and hindering the advancement of medical discoveries.
In 2018, ICTR launched a Research Recruitment and Retention (R3) program to implement multifaceted strategies to aid investigators in fulfilling enrollment goals and timelines. Efforts focus on addressing informatics, institutional and participant barriers to transform the local infrastructure and optimize participant recruitment.
Services & Resources
• Help identifying evidence-based approaches to recruitment, retention & engagement
• Assistance assessing study feasibility & developing a recruitment plan
• Guidance on recruitment materials, social media, community outreach & regulatory aspects
A repository of resources, guidance documents & templates on:
• Developing a recruitment plan & assessing feasibility
• Providing participant compensation
• Creating effective recruitment materials
• And more...