CCHE would like to alert you to a cancer-related health disparities training course for junior faculty ~
This new NCI-funded training course for NCI-funded junior faculty ‘NCI Awardee Skills Consortium (NASDC)’ is entitled “Utah Advanced Course on Mentoring, Leadership, and Cancer-related Health Disparities.”
Below is a brief overview:
- Target trainees. The target participants are junior faculty with a NCI K, R00, R21 or first R01 equivalent awards.
- The course will focus on these educational domains:
- 1) Enhancing Mentoring Skills
- 2) Strengthening Leadership Capacity
- 3) Leveraging Cancer-related Databases and interventions to investigate health disparities. Prior experience in databases not required.
- 4) Grant Development (mock study section, strategies to develop first R01 awards based on K awards, responding to reviewer comments for grant resubmission)
- Course format will be online from 9:00am – 12:00pm Mountain Time on the following dates (February 22, 23; March 1, 2, 8, 9). There are no fees for the course.
See the course flyer for additional details: NASDC_Utah_flyer_2020-11-23_pm (PDF)
Applications are due by December 14, 2020. Please encourage junior faculty to apply via the course application portal.
Thank you to CCHE Associate Director Angela Byars-Winston for sharing.