- Application Deadline: April, 24, 2017 at 11:55pm
- This position sits within the UW School of Medicine and Public Health (SMPH) administrative offices, with direct reporting to the Senior Associate Dean for Clinical and Translational Research. The primary role of the Honest Broker is to work collaboratively with data analysts to collect and provide electronic health information to researchers in such a manner whereby it would not be reasonably possible for the researchers, or other individuals, to identify the subjects directly or indirectly. The Honest Broker will collaborate frequently with at least 3 established offices: the SMPH Associate Dean for Biomedical Informatics, the UW-Madison HIPAA Privacy Officer, and the UW-Madison HIPAA Security Officer. The Honest Broker will collaboratively develop SMPH’s infrastructure for receiving and processing requests by researchers for electronic health information. The Honest Broker will also work with the data services teams to provide support for privacy- and security-related compliance reviews.
- Application Deadline: May 11, 2017 at 11:55pm
- HIPAA regulations apply to businesses and individuals in the health care industry such as health plans and health care providers. UW-Madison has designated specific Health Care Component (HCC) Units as being covered under HIPAA which includes the School of Medicine and Public Health (SMPH). All of the UW-Madison HCC Units are under the aegis of the UW-Madison HIPAA Privacy and Security Compliance Program and the UW-Madison HIPAA Privacy and Security Officers as it relates to HIPAA policies and HIPAA related activities. A centralized HIPAA compliance program ensures UW-Madison achieves standards required for and effective and efficient compliance program and assures consistency across all UW-Madison HCC Units.As one of the largest HCC Units, SMPH is establishing their Privacy Coordinator appointment as a full time dedicated position. While directly reporting to the SMPH Sr Associate Dean for Clinical and Translational Research, this position will also work closely and collaboratively with the UW-Madison HIPAA Privacy Officer and Security Officers to ensure and maintain the integrity of the centralized UW-Madison HIPAA Privacy and Security Compliance Program. Within SMPH, this position will also work closely with the SMPH Security Coordinator and SMPH Honest Broker.
- Application Deadline: June 1, 2017 at 11:55pm
- The Senior Associate Dean will have responsibility and oversight for key health science campus research resources, set and execute institutional priorities for, and develop and implement strategic initiatives to maintain and enhance excellence in Clinical and Translational Research and Education, and serve as the Executive Director of the Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (ICTR).
Opportunities are posted as they come available/remain live!