Qualitative Research Group
A working group for ICTR-affiliated PIs and their research staff members who are actively engaged in collecting and/or analyzing qualitative data. The group meets twice a month for two hours each time. All participants must commit to regular attendance. For more information, please contact Nora Jacobson at email@example.com.
- Consultation is available to ICTR-affiliated researchers in the proposal or project development stage for:
- Selecting the appropriate qualitative method
- Knowing when and how to use qualitative methods in a mixed methods study
- Combining qualitative and quantitative research methods, when appropriate
- Go to the Community Academic Research Consult Form
Introduction to Qualitative Research For the Applied Health Sciences: A Self-study Course
This Canvas course is geared to the novice qualitative researcher. It includes modules devoted to topics like data collection, data analysis, and critical appraisal and is designed to be cumulative from module to module. However, individuals wishing to find information about a particular topic can dip into single modules as needed. There is no cost for the course and no credit is offered. To enroll contact Nora Jacobson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Lecture Series
Lectures devoted to the basics of qualitative and mixed methods research. A full listing of lectures is available here: http://videos.med.wisc.edu/events/236
- UW School of Education Qualitative Methods Resources – Academic programs, course offerings, reading lists and links to other web sites.
- Qualitative Research Courses offered at UW-Madison
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Qualitative Research Guidelines Project – Useful for developing, evaluating and engaging in qualitative research projects in healthcare settings.
- Research Methods Knowledge Base – Introduction to the idea of qualitative research and orientation to the major types of qualitative research data, approaches and methods.
- e-Source: Behavioral & Social Sciences Research – Interactive, online course on research methods and tools for researchers engaging in behavioral and social sciences research on health-related topics.